PANCAKE RECIPES CLASSIC THIN CREPES
100G PLAIN FLOUR
300ML FULL FAT MILK
1 TBS UNFLAVOURED OIL (SUNFLOWER OR OLIVE)
BUTTER TO FRY
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the middle and crack in the egg’s (you could lightly fork them int a bowl beforehand).
2. Stir the eggs bringing the flour in, add in the milk and the oil to form a smooth runny batter.
3. Rest in the fridge to allow the flour to swell.
4. The consistency should be like single cream, pour into a convenient pouring jug, alternatively use a ladle.
5. Heat a small non-stick frying pan or crepe pan if you have one.
6. When hot add a small knob of butter let it melt and wipe out the excess with some kitchen towel.
7. Now pour in a ladle full of batter swirling the pan as you go keeping it nice and thin and even.
8. With a palette knife check the sides and when it has turned golden colour flip it over until golden brown
9. Carefully put on a plate and top with parchment and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Suggested sweet toppings
Spiced apple, date and whiskey Lightly stewed apple and date with some cinnamon, and a splash of whiskey. cook out the whiskey for a couple of minutes to get rid of its raw flavour
Honey, banana and pecan nut. Drizzle with some raw honey and chopped banana, roasted pecan nut